Fire-breathing Dragon

After detaching myself from social media and taking the first tiny baby steps towards understanding myself, I have come to a few rudimentary AHA! realizations. Right now I am focusing on a part of my authentic self that comes alive as a fire-breathing dragon. When this part of my personality is awake and in charge, every living being is afraid to approach me because I have smoke coming out of my nostrils and I WILL torch anyone to smithereens. I don't just blast people with my blazing fire, I then eat them and make it known that I will not go down without a full fledged fight. This version of myself is the hardest to control and I become an untamable beast. Lets call dragon Gags what she is - a scary bitch!

My journey in the realm of adulting means taming my inner bitchy beast. If I am honest, I doubt I will ever be able to fully tame her, but I can watch out for her and train her to at least not burn people to crisp. I make my beast sound badass but the truth is, it's a beast that overcomes my inner essence. My inner essence is not a dragon at all, but more like a plant-eating dinosaur *que image of Land Before Time characters*. That's the real me, the cartoon Land Before Time dino that has every evolutionary instinct to protect myself and is also a good hearted being.

I am working on daily reflection and finding the strength to transform Dragon Gags and let me tell y'all, it is NOT as easy task. It's hard to let go of a version of myself that feels very powerful and indestructible, no matter how negative that power can be.  I am inching closer to honoring my strength, the core of the dragon, without letting it become a monster. I'm sharing this post because it helps me face my truths and in the hopes that one year from now I can reread this and feel proud that I was able to face my fire-breathing dragon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Enough.

Brother Bear